We strive to be the filter through which our clients’ visions are expressed. We ask questions and listen carefully to the answers, for whether developing a single piece of furniture or an entire home, the processes and standards remain the same. We are mindful that our clients’ vision, programmatic necessities and budget requirements must all be addressed with equal consideration.
Our services are available “a la carte”, so clients can request as much or as little help as they would like. Maybe a color consultation or advice on freshening a single room is all that’s needed. Or perhaps plans are afoot to build a brand new home or office – in which case the earlier we are involved, the more useful we can be!
Our goal is to help our clients create beautiful, functional spaces with thoughtful creativity, and to save them time, money, aggravation and worry with honesty, clear planning and efficient management. We also want everyone to enjoy themselves.
• Coordinating the planning process between our clients, ourselves, and other professionals (architects, builders, subcontractors, cabinetmakers, workrooms, etc.) allows us to help our clients create realistic budgets and timelines, and in general to have a clearer understanding of the process.
• Our use of appropriate design software such as Revit, AutoCad, SketchUp and Photoshop – or simple hand-drawings and color boards – facilitates clear communication with colleagues and clients, and allows our clients to participate fully in the design process and envision the end results.
• We offer discounts on all to-the-trade items and provide detailed quotes for any prospective purchases.
• Custom - If custom-built furniture or cabinets are an option, we offer access to some of Maine’s finest craftspeople, and collaborate with them to ensure that our clients receive unique pieces that are structurally sound, ergonomically correct and fall within budget.
• We monitor construction of custom furniture and window treatments, so our clients are assured of receiving exactly what they are looking for, and arrange for receiving, delivery and installation of all items to make sure they’re perfect and in place.
• We make site visits as necessary to manage the myriad details and complexities that almost always arise.
• Our online project management interface allows clients and colleagues ongoing access to information regarding their projects, and the ability to be in touch with us and each other at all times.
As a founding partner of one of northern New England’s largest architectural/engineering and planning firms, I have worked with a number of fine interior design professionals. We have chosen Penny to work with on the selection of paint for our own homes; she has one of the best eyes for color of any I have met.
Arthur Thompson, SMRT, Portland ME
For me, Penelope Daborn Ltd. has it all , including the best choice in fabrics as well as in services. Penny uses the talented local skills of Maine craftsmen whenever she can, and, best of all, she is sensitive and open to your own ideas, taste, and schedules - all the while using her own considerable talents to guide you in making your home very much your own. She and her team are the BEST!